After the 9/11 attacks, security concerns increased, and governments all over the world tightened security. Although sometimes the screening process takes too much time and causes people to miss flights, the worth of these steps cannot be denied. Queuing in long lines to prevent terrorist attacks overwhelms fast screening with the possibility of attacks. One of the worst airports in terms of long waiting times in the queue is Mississauga Airport.
Travelers can make this process easy and speedy if they follow the airport’s guidelines. What follows are the steps every traveler should take to save his and other travelers’ time.
1. Get your boarding pass online and print it. If you cannot get them, put the ticket in your hand with a document containing your photo before reaching the boarding card counter.
2. If you want to bring some personal items with you, put them in the bins or small cases. You can find information about the prohibited items on the official websites.
3. Before you pass the metal detector, check your pockets and other accessories to see if they contain prohibited items or not. After passing the metal detector, you can pick up your bin or bag. It is noteworthy that security officers can stop you even if any metal detector does not alarm you because they have the right to choose any passenger randomly. In addition, there might be additional checks for passengers traveling to the United States, and they can be brought to check rooms.
4. If you have any religious items that cannot be touched by other people, you should inform the security officer. He will act according to regulations.
5. Sometimes a security officer can bring you to a room for more screening. It takes place when a detector alarms. The officer can check different parts of your body or your accessories, such as shoes. If you wear any type of medical cover, belt, or dressing, he can make you open them.
6. If you are a senior citizen, you can pass the screening process quickly. You need to contact the security at Mississauga Airport and inform them of your condition. They will arrange a worker who will be responsible for bringing you to the screeners without standing in the queue. If you cannot carry your bag, you can ask any worker to bring it with you.
7. There is a way to get rid of standing in a long line. You can get verification from the authorities after fulfilling the requirements mentioned on their official websites. The first advantage of verification is that you will not need to stand in line.
Although there are many problems due to security screening at the airport traveler can take steps to save their time.